Just Practising Limited aims for openness and honesty in its business dealings. Here we set out the terms of the Agreement by which we work with our clients. These should be read in conjunction with your proposal document. If you have any questions about these terms please contact us.
What You Can Expect From Us
We (Just Practising Limited) will:
- use reasonable skill and care in carrying out our obligations and the Services,
- provide the Services, regularly and efficiently, from our office and, when necessary, at the location specified in our Proposal document,
- follow all your reasonable instructions, and promptly respond to requests from you for information,
- keep all relevant information confidential except where required by law, the Project or where publicly known; and sign a non-disclosure agreement if you ask,
- disclose any financial or professional conflict of interest relating to the Services or the Project immediately,
- act with impartiality and integrity when providing the Services, and on your behalf,
- not solicit your customers for any purposes,
- send invoices for our fees (to which VAT will be added) to you as set out in our Proposal, and
- send invoices for all reasonable travel and accommodation expenses (to which VAT will be added) for travelling to the location specified in our Proposal, and these will be invoiced in arrears.
What We Expect from You
You (the Client) will:
- use reasonable skill and care in carrying out your obligations,
- promptly provide us with reasonable access to key staff, outside agencies, relevant documentation, and company information including branding information,
- schedule all meetings, provide venue facilities and equipment for all meetings/training sessions, and provide related support to allow us to provide the Services,
- nominate one individual to liaise with us and oversee the Services,
- pay our fees quickly (within 3 days of our invoice) and fairly, against correct invoices,
- pay annual interest at 5% above the current base rate on all overdue payments, and
- keep all relevant information confidential except where required by law, the Project or where publicly known.
Copyright in social media and web content created by us (including associated audits, reviews, reports and strategy documents) as part of the Project is assigned and will belong to you. Copyright in all training resources prepared by us will remain with us. You are licensed without royalty to use and copy training resources for staff attending the training, but that licence does not allow you to store the resources on an intranet nor to copy them for other or future staff or others. Copyright in all documents provided by you to us remains with you. We will not use those documents for any purposes other than providing the Services. All such documents are confidential.
The Services listed in our Proposal can only be extended by prior written agreement detailing the changes to the Services and the Fees. We are not acting in partnership, or as agents, or in a joint venture with you, but as an independent contractor.
Neither of us can assign, novate or subcontract the responsibilities under our Agreement without the consent of the other, as our Agreement is collaborative.
In the event of any breach of our Agreement, our maximum liability, excluding claims arising from death, personal injury or negligence, is limited to the sum stated in our Proposal. Su Butcher has no personal liability. We carry professional indemnity insurance.
The laws of England & Wales apply. Where there is a dispute which cannot be resolved amicably through negotiation or using alternative dispute resolution, the English or Welsh courts have jurisdiction and enforcement powers.
Ending Our Relationship
Where either of us becomes insolvent, the other may end our Agreement by immediate notice. Where there is any other serious breach of these terms, either of us may end our Agreement by giving 21 days’ written notice to the other, allowing the other 21 days to remedy that breach. We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage resulting from such cancellation. You may not cancel our Agreement or the Services for any other reason, although you can delay or postpone any element of the Services with our prior written agreement.