I wrote at the time about how not for profit development trusts including the CLTs should talk to the construction industry, including architects and developers, about how to make these ideas work in practice.
It was a fascinating conference and very useful; we’ve since got planning permission for one trust- based housing scheme and another is in the pipeline. Why were there only a couple of architects there?
Fast forward to 2011, the Localism and Decentralisation Bill has been published, and everyone is talking about how it is going to work. Time for another CLT Conference me thinks.
The next CLT conference is on 10 May at Savoy Place in London. Are you going?
Grant Shapps will be there again, talking about the agenda for community-led housing. Other confirmed speakers include:
- Pat Ritchie, Chief Executive, Homes and Communities Agency
- Lynda Peacock, Group Director of Development and Regeneration, Four Housing Group
- Peter Couchman, Chief Executive, Plunkett Foundation
- David Graham, Chair, Lyvennet Community Trust
- Carolyn Sims, Regional Director London and South, Charity Bank
- Trevor Beattie Chair, RICS Land and Society Commission
Find Out More:
Download the Conference Brochure here:
[download id=”2″ format=”2″]
And the Joining Instructions here:
[download id=”3″ format=”2″]
The Community Land Trusts Network has its own website and community.
The National CLT Network is now under the wing of the National Housing Federation.
You can see transcripts of the #CLT10 tweets (including links to video and article content) here and here.