Are you a property professional working in or near Essex? Do you want to know more about using the internet in your business? Would you like to do ‘proper’ face to face networking rather than brave the sharks? Then perhaps you should come along to Be2camp East.
Be2camp is an organisation dedicated to bringing together people who work in the built environment with ‘techy’ types who understand the internet. They’ve been organising events all over the UK for two years and Be2camp East is their first in the East of England.
But Be2camp has something extra to offer property people in essex. Its organised by Roberta Ward of MyPropertyMentor, a seasoned Essex property advisor with development experience. This means the event is going to have a particular ‘Property’ flavour. And its live streamed over the internet, and its free!
Confirmed speakers include:
- Lee Smallwood, an experienced marketer with specialist knowledge in the internet. He’s the best speaker I’ve heard on what social media is about;
- Paul Taylor from Radian6, a monitoring and engagement tool which allows companies to manage their brand engagement online, but also allows anyone to see what is being said about them all across the social web.
- Su Butcher (that’s me) of Barefoot & Gilles Architects – I’ll be speaking about getting started using Linkedin Properly. Linkedin is in my opinion the best place for professionals to get started networking online;
- John Keleher of Crittall Windows, speaking about the Importance of Personal Relationships in Effective Collaboration;
- Paul Weston, the estimator who recently found a new job using social media techniques, and whose journey has featured in the national press and on BBC Essex; and
- Bernie Mitchell of TagTribes, an events organizer and networker who will be explaining the difference between selling and creating community. Bernie organizes very successful networking events in the City and East London.
Be2campEast is to be held at the Pavilion, Essex County Cricket Ground on Thursday 29 April from 2-6pm.
Attendance at the event is free but you must register in advance.
Click here for more information and to register your attendance.
We have been able to make the event free through the support of sponsors Pa Group, Radian6 and Barefoot & Gilles Architects. We are also supporting the EACH Treehouse Appeal, raising funds to build a new children’s hospice, so why not bring your chequebook along and make a donation?
I look forward to meeting you there.
[…] article is one part of a presentation I’m giving today at #be2campeast, Property and the Internet, at Essex County Cricket Ground. You can see the slides here: Getting Started using Linkedin […]