Nominations close tomorrow (18th January) so have a think about who has used the internet and web 2.0 in the built environment over the last year to good effect and put your suggestions to the dedicated website for the Be2 Awards.
The Be2 Awards are the brainchild of Be2camp, a collective of built environment practitioners and web 2.0 techy types who get together and share experiences, ideas and projects at ‘unconferences’. The combination of people from at least two separate sectors and their collaborative attitude has made be2camp a huge success, so much so that they have run fifteen events and are launching these awards just two years after they were founded by four people on three continents.
The awards will be presented on 9th February at the Building Centre in London at an afternoon event, ConstrucTALKs, a type of TED-X event featuring a series of thought provoking talks by industry speakers, well worth putting in your diary.
The ethos of Be2camp is that everyone is a participant, so don’t be shy, make your nominations in these categories:
The 2011 Be2Award categories
- Built environment blogger of the Year
- Best sustainability blog
- Best AEC social media blog
- Best use of Twitter
- Best AEC collaboration platform
- Best AEC community, network or application
- Best use of Web 2.0 for construction products
- Best location-based AEC application
- Best ‘internet of things’ application
- Best mobile application
- Best virtual or hybrid event
- ‘Old media/new media’ award
- Best AEC PR campaign
- Best AEC marketing campaign
- Best education and learning award
- ‘Other’ (suggestions please!)
To nominate, just visit the Be2awards website nominations page and start a discussion in the relevant award section about the person or organisation you wish to nominate. Lets take this opportunity to recognise best practice in online innovation in our industry.