Remember this conversation?
Brick Manufacturer: We could build a Code for Sustainable Homes level 4 house with bricks!
Architect: Yes, but timber is still cheaper.
Architects might want to specify your trendy lamp, or your supercool composite windows, or even your boring old bricks, but if they cost more, they need to be able to justify it.
If they love your products that’s great, but you’re only half way there.
They will fight your battles for you, but you must give them the ammunition.
When I say “give”, I mean:
- Free, no strings attached, everywhere.
- Searchable, shareable, tweetable.
- Can be printed, emailed, pdf’d.
- The text can be searched and clicked through and connected.
- The ammunition must be factual, visual, interesting and brief.
Just think if the ammunition were freely available, who would your contact want to share it with? His boss? Her colleague in the next practice? Her followers on twitter? Make it easy.
Want to know what formats to use, what ways your architects need their ammunition?
Which is why Engagement is Queen.
Image: Brick Wall by Michael Spencer