In the light of current events JPL has developed an operational resilience strategy to direct our business through the current pandemic. We are guided in this by the UK Government and Public Health England advice.
As part of this preparation we are informing our clients of the actions we are taking and how we can support you and your organisation during the coming months.
Continuity of Service
JPL is a small company and we work from home offices, attending meetings when necessary around the country. This means it is relatively simple for us to continue much of our work without disruption.
In the event that schools are closed, or if individuals are asked to self-isolate (either ourselves or our clients or colleagues) we have made the following arrangements:
- Ongoing contracts will continue to be serviced and we will endeavour to enable a ‘business as usual’ approach in line with your requirements.
- Telephone numbers and email inboxes will continue to be monitored.
- Email and all project and management files are held securely in the cloud and can be accessed remotely by other members of staff if required.
- We will seek to make alternative arrangements for all group meetings and events. If you have events or meetings prescheduled, we will contact you to discuss these.
- Our terms and conditions allow for extension and variation of contracts by mutual agreement, and services can also be delayed or postponed. If you wish to vary, postpone or delay arrangements please contact us with your requirements.
Supporting our Clients
Many organisations are already arranging remote working for their staff and cancelling event attendance as a precaution and to avoid inadvertently spreading the virus to colleagues and their families.
Meetings and conferences can be difficult to arrange in these circumstances.
In order to assist in this, we are happy to organise the following:
- Video Conferencing – JPL are experienced in holding video conference calls, workshops and webinars in Zoom and Microsoft Teams. These tools enable video, desktop sharing and telephone conferencing for groups of up to 100 individuals. Meetings are simple to arrange and can be accessed by a link through a web browser, or by using a free app download. Where we have pre-scheduled face-to-face meetings, we are offering video conferencing as an alternative to all our clients.
- Remote Presenting – Su is experienced at remote presenting at events. If we have an event booked with you this will have already been discussed.
- Remote Training – our workshops can be delivered remotely to your staff who can be anywhere with a laptop with internet access.
- Video Tutorials – we have the software, equipment and experience to produce video tutorials to provide training for your staff.
If you wish to make arrangements for any of these services, please contact us.
We will post updates on our operating status on our website.
15 March 2020
Image: Lars Plougmann: Power turns a corner (Creative Commons)
“A serious power outage in the More London area had several firms execute their business continuity plans. This is a trunk of power cables running from a bank of generators into one building.”