I’m delighted that the Lighthouse, Glasgow, home of Architecture + Design Scotland, will be hosting our Linkedin Training Workshop next week. The Lighthouse is a great venue, right in the middle of town, and if you’re coming you’ll be able to check out the Mackintosh Interpretation Centre (by Gareth Hoskins Architects) and Foundation Glasgow, as well as picking up some lunch in the café before we start.
Design Skills Symposium 2012
Having a chat with Diarmaid Lawlor, Head of Urbanism at A+DS, I also found out that they are running a two day event in Ayr in October, a Design Skills Symposium. The symposium is an annual event, this year it is all about briefing for better buildings and places.
The symposium is a learning event using a live site context, so it will be of particular interest if you favour a collaborative, user oriented approach to briefing for development and regeneration.
The organisers say,
“By the end of the Symposium, participants should be able to:
- Understand the process of user-oriented briefing for buildings and places
- Translate user needs into design principles for decision-making
- Test design principles through spatial scenarios
- Evaluate spatial options relative to user needs, design principles and implementation
- Appreciate the value of design thinking in catalysing the ‘art of the possible’ in the briefing process.”
Find out more about the symposium on their dedicated website, or book here.