On 27 February I’ll be participating in a one-day event for business called Designed for Growth. I’ll be attending the event in Chelmsford and delivering a workshop on Linkedin for Companies as part of the programme.
UPDATE: I’ve been informed that the conference has been postponed until later in the year. When I have more details I’ll post them up here – Su.
Designed for Growth is an annual business event supported by Essex County Council and delivered by Design for Business East (D4BE), aimed at Directors and Senior Managers of businesses who have an annual turnover of 100k or more.
This one-day conference is designed to show how well-known Essex-based businesses have applied innovative strategies to many aspects of their work and succeeded in difficult economic times.
It is a great opportunity for Essex businesses to meet receptive decision makers and get in-depth expert advice and support on how design and innovation within business can help companies develop, grow and gain access to new markets.
About the Event
The agenda for this one-day event includes presentations from:
- Gerald Ashley, Author of Two Speed World
- Paul Wraith, Design Manager for The Ford Transit Design Team
- Ian Thurgood, Director of Wilkin & Sons Tiptree Preserves
- Shiela Charrington of Layer Marney Tower
- Innovation, economic growth and austerity – on how visual design can stimulate economic growth;
- Lean management – run by the Ford Motor Company
- Protecting your inventions and designs – by Richard Jones of IP21
- And Linkedin for Business – by me for Just Practising
More on the Workshops here. You’ll be able to join two workshops, or 3 if you skip lunch!
All this and lunch for just £30 if you book by Friday!
Timing:27th February 2013 – 09:30 – 16:30pm
Venue:Anglia Ruskin University, Postgraduate Medical Centre, Bishop Hall Lane, Chelmsford, Essex, CM1 1SQ
The website for Designed for Growth is here. More information will be added throughout the month, and there is already an agenda, speaker profiles and details of the workshops. I understand that there are plans to use the website to carry on the value of the event after it ends with resource materials and video interviews.
I look forward to seeing you there. Are you coming? Please let me know by commenting below and we can meet up.